Monday, November 15, 2010

Selective Claustraphobia

Yes I have this.  It comes and goes and has a mind of its own.  Today it showed up with a vengeance.  As I sat in my office chair during the last 2 hours of work; a sudden anger came over me and I could not sit still.  I had to get out of my seat and stretch and just get some space.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I like being up and about.  Maybe it's just that I like being able to be up and about whenever I feel I need to.  And whatever happened to 15 minute breaks?  Are those not allowed anymore?  I get an hour for lunch; but does that mean that I get no other break during the day.  I need my 15 minute break.  It would be nice to get out of my seat and just go for a little walk around the hallway.  I can't wait till Wednesday.  I will begin working on what I was hired to do and will be much too busy to sit and freak out.

Should be tired.... but not.

Olivia-Rey

2 comments:

  1. eyyy Vicky, whenever happens to you, close your eyes and think you are in a big & spacious place with no walls, fences, or roof around. A little water falling sounds around and that makes you feel relax & easy. There´s nothing gonna happen to me and everything is alright, there´s no problem. Meanwhile take deep breaths and a cup of cold water that will relax you from the inside out.

    There´re some songs on the internet of nature sounds with or without music which will help you out with this situation ever time it happens. Write down these little help on a post-it and put it in front of your screen at your worksite and take a look and do it when you need it.

    hope this help my dear friend

    luv Javi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Javi! I just saw this comment. nature sounds would be a good idea. bu ti have no speakers on my computer lol. music in general would help. i gotta see about them speakers. Miss u mi amigo!!!

    ReplyDelete