Sunday, October 31, 2010

Closure Anyone?

We "talked."  Closure isn't all it's cracked up to be for the following reasons:  Given the day that we live in; you are most likely to recieve this "closure" in the form of an email, text message, and if you're really lucky; a phone call. 

Well I got my text messages last night.  There were quite a few.  I don't know how much of it was truth; but what he did say was pretty fugly.  Nathan bascially told me that I didn't really know him.  He said he was not a good person; for me or for anyone.  "Find a good man, Vicky.  One who will treat you right and take care of you," he wrote.  He said that it was real and that he wanted it to work; but just couldn't move forward. 

Blah blah blah blah.  It doesn't even matter anymore.  I'm a pretty understanding person and things could have been so much different.  We could have just been friends. 

Last night I was talking to this guy I used to date.  "Don't you miss your boyfriend?" he asked.  It was almost as if he was accusing me of moving on too quickly.  (Yes we were just TALKING.)  I did my best to make it work.  I tried to help him with his issues and still be happy in our relationship.  Things went bad because of him.  Am I supposed to mourn and not talk to any new prospects because not enough time has passed?  Lesson learned, but life goes on.  It's not that I didn't have real feelings for Nathan; I just know that there's nothing I could have done differently that would have made the relationship last.  He sabotaged it.  Life goes on. 

Olivia-Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment