Saturday, December 11, 2010

Primpin Ain't Easy

Important night tonight. On top of being our Christmas party and me representing one of our Executives; I just want to look good!  It takes time to really look good.  Yes there are women with natural beauty who need little to no make-up.  But these same women still need to bathe, shave, file, polish, blow-dry, and coordinate an outfit.  For those ladies who are like me and need a little plaster and spackling paste; it's only more time consuming.  I like to plan ahead... well... sometimes!  I have been eating well and working out almost daily for the last two weeks.  After several attempts to find a new dress for the party I just gave up and decided to wear a cute short black dress with gold trim that I have.  I got the dress, I got the underwear,(yes dresses require certain specific types of undergarments) and this morning I found some really elegant but simple black heels.  After the shoes I went to Forever 21 to pick out some accessories.  I got 4 pairs of earrings because I wasn't sure which would go best.  The outfit is complete and now it's time to groom.

After an hour long bath I proceeded to follow the steps it takes to make me fly.  Moisturizing this skin and diffusing my hair is done in segments and lasts throughout the primping process.  It is now 4:22 and I am playing the waiting game.  To avoid being late or rushed I started to get ready at 2:30.  I don't want to put my eyeliner on mascara just yet because I want it to be fresh.  Who knows what I'm talking about? 

On top of all this; I'm so worried about what my date will be wearing.  It's somewhat of a formal occasion but I won't be one of those ladies wearing a prom-dress.  My date, however, said he refuses to wear slacks.  WTF??!!  I need a guy who knows how to appropriately dress to different occasions.  I get it.  Jeans can be stylish and dressy... If you're Kanye West!  When I told my CEO that my date was going to wear jeans she almost had a fainting spell.  I am nervous!! 

Those of you who know me know that I don't care about status or where you come from.  I'm not a label-whore or a big baller.  I do however believe that slacks are nice and appropriate for a company Christmas party.  But hey... that's just me!

Olivia-Rey

1 comment:

  1. So what ended up happening? He better not have shown up in jeans.

    ReplyDelete